We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Disneyland has announced its reopening for April 30, 2021 to California Residents. If you are thinking of going, you might be wondering what will even be open. Will it be worth it to go? We have a list of all the rides that will be open when Disneyland reopens on April 30, 2021 and there may be a few you didn’t expect.
What Rides Are Open at Disneyland?
But with all of the California Guidelines, what can we expect to be open for your enjoyment. While everything from dining to shows to rides will be affected by the safety measures, we are focusing on rides for this article. This will help you decide if it is worth going to Disneyland when it reopens.
Remember, you can book your hotel for Disneyland now. I suggest booking through my partners at Get Away Today. Use code CrazyAdventure to save even more on stays of 2 nights or longer. (They will also be selling tickets again starting April 15, 2021 for California Residents.)
Disneyland Ride Guidelines Upon Reopening
The state of California has released guidelines for theme parks. Guidelines for the orange and yellow tiers (which we expect Orange County to be in one of upon opening) are less strict than those in the red tier, but still have these guidelines for rides:
- Limited Capacity on indoor rides (25% MAX)
- Time restrictions on indoor rides
- Spacing restrictions on rides and queues
- No indoor shows at any capacity in any tier
Between the indoor rides capacity limits, time limits and spacing, plus additional guidance on cleaning, I was worried there wouldn’t be much open, and I bet you were too. But learning the rides that will be available, I am very pleased and even shocked.
Attractions I thought would be considered shows are actually being allowed at reopening, and will be running. It appears the guidelines were meant more for shows with live performers, so that is a plus.
So what rides will be open when Disneyland Reopens? Let’s break it down by each park. Also, if you are taking kids, be sure to measure to see if they hit any new Disneyland Height Requirements. I know all of mine did.
Rides That Will Be Open at Disneyland Park
Here is a list of rides and attractions that will be open at Disneyland Park:
- Alice in Wonderland (Fantasyland)
- Astro Orbitor (Tomorrowland)
- Autopia (Tomorrowland)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Frontierland)
- Casey Jr. Circus Train (Fantasyland)
- Disneyland Railroad (Multiple Lands/Main Street)
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant (Fantasyland)
- Gadget’s Go Coaster (Mickey’s Toontown)
- Haunted Mansion (New Orleans Square)
- Indiana Jones Adventure (Adventureland)
- It’s a Small World (Fantasyland)
- King Arthur Carrousel (Fantasyland)
- Mad Tea Party (Fantasyland)
- Main Street Vehicles (Main Street)
- Mark Twain Riverboat (Frontierland)
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride (Fantasyland)
- Peter Pan’s Flight (Fantasyland)
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey (Fantasyland)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (New Orleans Square)
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin (Mickey’s Toontown)
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish – Newly reimagined (Fantasyland)
- Space Mountain (Tomorrowland)
- Splash Mountain (Critter Country
- Star Tours — The Adventures Continue (Tomorrowland)
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Tarzan’s Treehouse (Adventureland)
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Critter Country)
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room (Adventureland)
That is a lot. Of course, there are a few attractions you may have noticed are not on this list. These rides may be down due to restrictions or refurbishment or even reimagineering.
Disneyland Park Rides That Won’t Be Open at Reopening
Attractions at Disneyland park that will not be open when the park reopens on April 30, 2021 include:
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (Tomorrowland)
- Chip ‘n Dale Treehouse (Mickey’s Toontown)
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes (Critter Country)
- Disneyland Monorail (Tomorrowland and Downtown Disney)
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (Main Street)
- Donald’s Boat (Mickey’s Toontown)
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (Tomorrowland)
- Frontierland Shootin’ Exposition (Frontierland)
- Goofy’s Playhouse (Mickey’s Toontown)
- Jungle Cruise (Adventureland)
- Main Street Cinema (Main Street)
- Matterhorn Bobsleds (Fantasyland)
- Mickey’s House (Mickey’s Toontown)
- Minnie’s House (Mickey’s Toontown)
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island (Frontierland/New Orleans Square)
- Sailing Ship Columbia (Frontierland)
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough (Fantasyland)
- Star Wars Launch Bay (Tomorrowland)
- Storybook Land Canal Boats (Fantasyland)
Rides That Will Be Open at California Adventure
If you are heading over to California Adventure, here are the attractions you will find open in that park on April 30, 2021
- Games of Pixar Pier (Pixar Pier)
- Goofy’s Sky School (Paradise Gardens Park)
- Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: Breakout (Avengers Campus)
- Incredicoaster (Pixar Pier)
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind (Pixar Pier)
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel (Pixar Pier)
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish (Paradise Gardens Park)
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters (Cars Land)
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree (Cars Land)
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic (Hollywood Land)
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! (Hollywood Land)
- Pixar Pal-A-Round (Pixar Pier)
- Radiator Springs Racers (Cars Land)
- Silly Symphony Swings (Paradise Gardens Park)
- Soarin’ Around the World (Grizzly Peak)
- The Little Mermaid — Ariel’s Undersea Adventure (Paradise Gardens Park)
- Toy Story Midway ManiaTurtle Talk with Crush (Pixar Pier)
Rides That Will Be Closed at California Adventure Park
The following attractions will be closed at California Adventure Park when the resort reopens the theme parks:
- Animation Academy (Hollywood Land)
- Bakery Tour (Pacific Wharf)
- Blue Sky Cellar (Is this considered Buena Vista Street?)
- Disney Junior Live on Stage (Hollywood Land)
- Golden Zephyr (Paradise Gardens Park)
- Grizzly River Run (Grizzly Peak)
- Red Car Trolley (Hollywood Land/Buena Vista Street)
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail (Grizzly Peak)
- Sorcerers Workshop (Hollywood Land)
While it is a bummer that many rides and shows will be closed, a lot will still be open.
What About Fireworks and Parades?
For the time being, Disneyland has suspended offerings that draw large crowds and might discourage social distancing. This includes parades, fireworks, World of Color, and more. Instead, look for other magical surprises around the parks.
We also know that characters will be in the parks in a whole new way. I am actually very excited about it. I think it will feel more natural and like the characters actually LIVE there, rather than just having meet and greets.
So what do you think? Is this enough to make you feel it is worth it to visit Disneyland Resort when it reopens the theme parks?
Ready to book your hotel? Or want discount tickets when they go on sale? Be sure to book through my partners at Get Away Today for the best discounts. Use code CrazyAdventure to save more on hotel bookings of two nights or more.