We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
If you are looking for a luxury hotel near Disneyland, you may be considering the JW Marriott Anaheim near Disneyland. A brand new, AAA Four-Diamond hotel, within walking distance of the parks, this hotel is beautiful. But is it a good fit for your family? Here is everything to know before booking this hotel for your Disneyland vacation.
Disclaimer: I received a free, 3-Night stay from the JW Marriott in exchange for sharing about the hotel. All opinions are 100% my own.
I stayed at the JW Marriott for 3 nights in November, when I went to kick off the holidays at Disneyland. The hotel is gorgeous, but there are some downsides as well. Keep reading to get my honest opinion and tips for staying at this hotel.
About JW Marriott Anaheim
I like to give the details about the hotel before I get into my opinions, because what good is it to know how great (or not) a hotel is, if it won’t be a good fit for your family. So below you can find answers to the frequently asked questions about the JW Marriott.
Where Is The JW Marriott Located?
The JW Marriott Anaheim is located on the corner of Katella and Clementine. The back of the hotel faces the Anaheim Garden Walk.
How close is the JW Marriott to Disneyland?
The hotel is approximately 2/3 miles from Disneyland by car. It is an estimated 5-minute drive.
Of course, one reason you may want to stay here is to hopefully walk to the parks. The hotel has an entrance out back to the Anaheim Garden Walk that you can cut through. This makes it a little over a half-mile walk to the parks, and can take 15-20 minutes at a leisurely pace.
The hotel is close enough to the parks, that depending on your room, you may be able to see fireworks.
What room types are available?
Room types include a 2 queen bed (as seen in my Room Tour video) and a one king room with a sofa sleeper as well.
While these are their two main room types, there are variations in the views of the room.
They also have a hospitality suite, executive suite, and the “Griffin Suite” available through their website.
Video – Room Tour of JW Marriott 2 queen Room
<div class="mv-video-target mv-video-id-fkg7qe5py6nbj93yeyvo" data-video-id="fkg7qe5py6nbj93yeyvo" data-volume="70" data-ratio="16:9" ></div>
What on-site amenities are available?
The JW Marriott in Anaheim has a LOT of amenities available to guests. Here are some that you will want to know about:
On Site Dining Options For JW Marriott Anaheim
- Room Service
- Sundry/Convenience Store
- Parkestry Roof Top Bar – serving drinks and light bites, open for dinner
- Citriculture – Lobby (2nd floor) bar serving drinks and light bites, open for lunch and dinner
- Market Place – Lobby (1st floor) serving Starbucks, pastries, etc, open for breakfast
- Tocco Ferro Italian Chophouse – Lobby (2nd floor) serving locally inspired, nourishing dishes, open for breakfast (Dress code listed as Smart Casual)
Fitness Amenities at JW Marriott Anaheim
- Heated Pool – located on the 2nd floor/lobby area, cabana rentals available
- 24 hour fitness center – features peloton bikes, free weights, and other top of they line equipment
- Yoga and Zen Room
- Fitness Classes: Complimentary
Other Amenities at the JW Marriott Anaheim Include:
- Several Lounge Areas – both indoors and out doors
- Zen Butterfly Garden
- Mobile Check-In and Check-Out
- Mobile Key
- Wireless Internet – from complimentary to paid options
- Valet Parking $40/day (note: no self parking available)
- Pets Welcome ($100 Non-Refundable Fee)
- Newspaper (in lobby or request delivery)
- Valet Dry Cleaning
- Concierge Level
- Turn Down Service (temporarily unavailable)
what is close by?
JW Marriott Anaheim is conveniently located near some of Anaheim’s most popular attractions, dining, shopping, and more.
Here is what you can find near JW Marriott:
Attractions and Activities Nearby
- Disneyland Resort
- Anaheim Convention Center
- Honda Center
- Anaheim Packing District
- Anaheim Garden Walk with shopping, dining, and activities
- Knott’s Berry Farm is a short drive
- Several beaches near Disneyland a short distance away
Where to book the JW Marriott for a good deal?
I definitely suggest pricing out this hotel with them, and you can include it as part of a package. If you stay 2 nights or more, you can even use my discount code to save a little extra. (CRAZYADVENTURE)
Review of JW Marriott Anaheim Near Disneyland
Even a AAA Four-Diamond Hotel is not the right fit for everyone. As a travel writer, and mom, I am going to give you my honest review of the JW Marriott Anaheim to help you decide if this hotel is right for you.
I loved the rooms at the JW Marriott. They were bright, comfortable, and included amenities such as robes, smart televisions, luxury hair products and more.
The room had an in-room safe, drawers, a good size closet, and the beds were comfortable.
The room was a little short on storage space for more than two or three people if you are not light packers, and only offered to drawers for clothing, but that was enough for myself and my photographer/friend I was traveling with.
What I loved about the JW Marriott near Disneyland
There is a lot to love about the JW Marriott. From the rooms, to the grounds, to amenities. Here are some of my favorite things about the hotel, that I think you might like as well.
- Soaking Tub – this is the longest tub I have seen in a hotel room. It is also very deep. Loved it, but be careful when you step out, especially if you are short like me.
- Plugins Galore! – I loved that the room not only had plugins all over but that they also had lots of USB charging ports AND USB-C ports.
- Complimentary Waters – It is so nice when a hotel gives complimentary waters that I really felt the need to include this on the list.
- Refrigerator in Room – The fridge in the room did the job and kept my items nice and cool.
- COMFORTABLE Beds – Yes, in all caps. Those beds were super comfortable and I slept so well in them. I normally do not sleep well in hotel beds the first night or two, but here… I drifted off and didn’t wake until my alarm went off.
- Beautiful Grounds – This hotel is gorgeous, and the outdoor space is a huge plus. You will have plenty of areas to rest and chat with friends or relax outside of your room in the evening or during your morning cocoa or coffee.
A few things I didn’t like about JW Marriott Anaheim
Just a note that I am being really picky here and really digging for some dislikes. This hotel really is gorgeous and amazing… but if I could change a few things this is what I would change:
- Pool Location – The pool is located behind the bar in the lobby/lounge. Their is nothing blocking the view from the bar to the pool. As a parent, I would not want my kids swimming right where people could be getting very drunk. I know this doesn’t bother everyone, but several of my friends also mentioned this about this hotel. Speaking of the pool…
- No Hot Tub – This one is a huge bummer. There is no hot tub at this hotel. And it is not a lack of space… they just don’t have one. After a long day at the parks, or for me it was touring hotels, I really wanted to go sit in a hot tub… only to find there wasn’t one.
- Family Friendliness – As a parent, I have stayed at a few hotels where I felt like my kids weren’t welcome. I kind of felt this way about the JW Marriott. Now don’t get me wrong… kids are welcome at this hotel, but it is SO NICE, and upscale, and has a beautiful, breakable vase in the room… I don’t know. It just didn’t seem like somewhere I would take my children.
- Location – Okay, yes, location was a plus for this hotel, but at night, it was a downside. Walking back from Disneyland, Anaheim Garden Walk has a very busy night life, and it was a bit uncomfortable to walk through it at night. During the day it was pretty much empty, but at night, let’s just say I saw more than I wanted to see… and definitely more than I would want my kids to see. I would not feel comfortable walking through there alone at night.
Who is the JW Marriott Near Disneyland a good fit for?
So with that in mind, who is the JW Marriott a good fit for?
If your family is used to luxury travel, and you plan on visiting Disneyland, this might be a great hotel for you.
This is a great hotel option if you are going on a honeymoon, couple trip, or even a trip with adult friends.
I was there as part of a work trip but brought a friend as well to help with photography, and it was a great hotel for 2 moms, on a trip without our families.
This hotel is great for business. In fact, I feel that is a big part of their target audience. They have conference rooms, and a great business atmosphere.
Would I stay here again?
I 100% would stay at the JW Marriott again. This hotel is beautiful and was easy to relax in. The grounds were amazing and I loved how close it was to the parks.
Interested in Other Luxury Hotel Options?
If you are interested in other luxury hotel options near Disneyland, be sure to check out the Disneyland with Kids Podcast, Season 3 Episode 6 – Luxury Hotels Near Disneyland, where Leslie and Jessica break down all of the Four Diamond Options.