We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Have you heard the news? Disneyland has announced reopening dates! We are super excited that Disneyland is reopening, and we know that you are too. Get all of the information we have so far about the opening. Will you need a face covering? Will Magic Morning be discontinued? How will you know you can get in the parks? We are covering all of that and more below.
Update on Disneyland Resort Reopening
Disneyland Resort previously announced plans to reopen Downtown Disney on July 9, Disneyland Parks on July 17, and Grand Californian and Paradise Pier Hotel on July 23rd.
Disneyland has postponed the opening of Disneyland Parks and Hotels.
There was some union disputes, but according to their post on twitter, those seem to be resolved at this point.
However, with the rise in cases, the state has said they are not ready to give updates for theme park reopening guidelines until after July 4, 2020.
At this time:
- Downtown Disney will still open on July 9, 2020
- The Parks and Hotels will announce an opening date once approved by the state.
Here is what we know about the opening of Disneyland Resort:
Below are the important things to know about Disneyland Resorts opening if you plan to visit in the near future.
- Disneyland has temporarily paused new ticket sales and Disneyland Resort hotel bookings. You can still book a hotel with Get Away Today for an offsite vacation, but we are unclear when tickets will be available for sale again. If you want to know as soon as possible when tickets are available, join the Disneyland with Kids Group I have on Facebook.
- Face coverings will be required. You will be able to remove those coverings when eating or drinking. Disneyland has not said the age limit for no face coverings, but I would guess it will be either age 2 or 3. Anyone above that age will be required to wear masks.
- Temperature screenings will be in place. Guests with a temperature of 100.4 or over will not be allowed entry. All members of their party will be denied entry.
- Disneyland will open at a reduced capacity. They will utilize a reservation system to be revealed at a later date to make sure that they do not have crowds lining up overnight to try and get entrance. My partners at Get Away Today have worked hard to keep Disney updated on all the vacations booked through them to help make sure their guests have access to the parks during their vacations.
TIP:Be sure to follow my Facebook Page as I keep everyone updated there regularly on these changes.
- Not all dining locations, shows, etc will be available upon the opening of the Disneyland resort. We expect this to include, but not be limited to, parades, fireworks, character dining, and experiences like Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Tip: To avoid crowds at dining locations, consider bringing food into Disneyland.
- Disneyland will likely discontinue Extra Magic Hour and Magic Morning for the time being. While not specifically mentioned, we know this happened at Walt Disney World.
We saw with Walt Disney World that changes have been announced over a few weeks, so be sure you keep checking back and also turn on live notifications for my Facebook page as I try to go live there when a major announcement is made.
Below you can find the history of info on the Disneyland Closure and Reopening
Disneyland Closure & Reopening: The Timeline
Disneyland Resort Closed on March 14, 2020 due to the current health crisis. Originally announced for the remainder of March, at the end of March, 2020, they updated to say that Disneyland was closed until further notice.
Beginning April 2020, they started taking reservations for dates beginning June 1, 2020.
On May 6, 2020, Disneyland changed the language on their site and date for new reservations to July 1, 2020.
Disneyland began cancelling reservations for early to mid-June.
No dining reservations are showing as available for July 2020.
On May 20, 2020 Disneyland updated their closure page to note that not all attractions, hotels, or dining options may be open at any given time, that Disneyland Resort may close at any time if necessary, even after reopening.
Also on May 20, 2020, Disneyland extended again, the Disneyland ticket expiration dates for the 2020 Spring Ticket Deals to December 16, 2021 with blackout dates. This included the SoCal Resident tickets that originally were being extended one day for each day of closure.
As soon as the May 20, 2020 update was published, I did a Facebook live breaking down the changes in the ticket expirations.
My partners at Get Away Today are also making sure to keep their guests updated. The day after this update, I received an email about my Kids’ Spring Disneyland Ticket Deal which I had purchased before they stopped selling them on May 18, 2020. It detailed all of the information that I needed to know.
The City of Anaheim Reopening Status: Anaheim has been approved to work through California’s Phase 2 reopening phase. This phase will allow Downtown Disney dining to reopen once Disney has given the green light as well and put plans in place to help maintain social distancing and meet the guidelines set forth by the city, county, and state task force.
On May 26, 2020 it was confirmed that Theme Parks will be part of California’s Phase 3 of reopening.
Theme parks are slated to open in Stage 3 if the rate of spread of COVID-19 and hospitalizations remain stable,” according to California Health and Human Services Agency spokesperson Kate Folmar.
On May 26, 2020 Disneyland’s closure page was updated to include a COVID-19 warning about the risk of going somewhere with crowds.
On June 1, 2020, Disneyland updated the closure page to say you could make reservations starting July 15, 2020, however, no hotels were able to be booked before July 16, 2020 and our partners confirmed on their end they had no access to reservations before July 16th.
Rumors are swirling that we will see an announcement on June 10, 2020 about a reopening date. Be sure you are following my Facebook page and have notifications for live streams turned on as I will go live there first with any information. (To turn on live notifications simply go to any past live, click the 3 dots and select “turn on live notifications.”
Stay Up To Date On Disneyland Opening Announcements
If you would like to stay up to date on Disneyland Opening announcements, I suggest Following my Facebook Page (opting to “see first” ), and turn on live stream notifications for the page as I will hop on there first to share when things are announced.
Secondly, be sure to join my Facebook Group: Disneyland with Kids because I and the other co-founders will be keeping everyone up to date there as well.